Souper Bowl of Caring is a national movement of young people working to fight hunger and poverty in their own communities around the time of the Super Bowl football game. In the weeks leading up to or on Super Bowl Sunday, young people take up a collection asking for items of food for people in need.
Our Quest class (Confirmation) will be collecting items on Sunday, February 4 to make meal kits for Union Gospel Mission and DSHS Foster Support Care Alliance.
Can you help? See the list below of items needed for these meal kits. Please bring items to church on February 4 – there will be students in the narthex collecting donated items.
The students will also be going around picking up donations on Friday evening, February 2 (4-6pm). If you would like to have them stop by contact Stacy to arrange.
Thank you for helping us serve our local community!
- Oatmeal or cereal
- pancake mix & syrup / jam
- Peanut butter & Jelly or canned tuna / chicken
- Macaroni & Cheese or Hamburger Helper / Rice-a-Roni
- $20-$30 gift cards/cash for grocery stores to purchase meat & fresh veggies (monetary gifts are above and beyond regular giving)
- Cans of… canned soup / canned chili / chicken, beef or vegetable stock, canned veggies or beans
- Pasta noodles & pasta sauce
- Rice or instant mashed potatoes
- Fruit cups / applesauce
- Nuts / trail mix
- Granola bar / NutriGrain bars
- Fruit snacks / dried fruit
- A note card with a favorite easy recipe
- Olive oil, salt & pepper
- Ketchup, mustard, ranch dressing or hummus