Souper Bowl of Caring is a national movement of young people working to fight hunger and poverty in their own communities around the time of the Super Bowl football game. In the weeks leading up to or on Super Bowl Sunday, young people take up a collection asking for items of food for people in need.
Our Confirmation class will be collecting donations before and after services on January 20 and 27. Students will organize donated items into meal kits for the Department of Children, Youth and Families. These meal kits will go to bio parents involved with CPS, parents who have their children in trial return home (which means the DCYF still have legal custody over them), and relative caregivers who are in need.
Can you help? See the list below of items needed for these meal kits.
Thank you for helping us serve our local community!
Meal Kit Checklist
Foster Support Faith Alliance giving project 2019
- Box of Oatmeal or cereal,
- Box of pancake mix & syrup or jam
- Peanut butter & Jelly or canned tuna/chicken
- 2 boxes Macaroni & Cheese or Hamburger helper/Rice a Roni
- $20-$30-Gift card from grocery store to purchase meat & fresh veggies
- 2 cans of…canned Soup/ canned chili/ chicken, beef or vegetable stock, canned veggies or beans
- Pasta noodles & pasta sauce
- Rice or Instant mashed potatoes
SNACKS (please purchase any 2 boxes of the following):
- Fruit cups/ apple sauce
- Nuts/trail mix
- Granola bar/ nutrigrain bars
- Fruit snacks/ Dried fruit
- A note card with a favorite easy recipe
- Olive oil, salt & pepper
- Ketchup, mustard, ranch dressing or humus
- Rubbermaid bins